Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Big Hole"


"Big Hole..." that was Danny's words of the day yesterday. It was a big day for our house--we are getting the foundation fixed. I'm not really sure how all this works, but in the end we are looking for a report from a structural engineer that says our house is not about to crack in half! So yesterday 3 guys came out and dug 9 holes against the house, each was about a 2' cube. Then they took this big "drill/auger" and created 2 holes in each cube that is about 16' deep. THEN they put rebar supports in each hole and started dumping in concrete until the holes were filled and about 12" covered the tops (so now the cubes are about half full). All this will now set until next week when they will come out and lift our house up that precious 1/2" so that it sits more level and hopefully someone is more likely to buy it. UGH. All this to sell the house. I hope the landscaping survives...I dread the clean-up and minor repairs that are going to result from all this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ertetertertere

Unknown said...

Can you believe it? I think I figured this out. I'm going to try again. mom

Unknown said...

One more time. I THINK I checked that you should receive something via email, but now I can't find it again just to double check. Soooo, let me know if you get an email.

We enjoyed your picture of THE hole.

Thanks for calling this am. I always LOVE to talk to you. love, mom