Wow. What a couple of weeks this has been! With all the flurry of trying to relocate, Danny has been quite the trooper in being drug along into MANY potential homes, staying with new faces while we hunt by ourselves, and just being flexible in naps, bedtime, etc. Even though he mostly just LOVES all the above, it also makes him tired...and both of us short-tempered. So today I'm taking a minute to re-visit some funny moments over the past couple days.
When you don't know what else to do with Danny, you give him a book. Lately, he's re-attached to his "Numbers" book. Really, all it is on each pages in a single numeral, with the correct number of a given item on that page. He has mastered MOST of the numbers, and can also name the item. SO...yesterday he was in his car seat "reading" this book and I hear him saying in his small little voice... "six-teen, seven-teen, eight-teen........I smart." I looked back at him in the rear-view mirror just to see if he was looking for a reaction from me and he wasn't--I guess he was just building up his own self-esteem!!
And this morning while we were eating breakfast (just he and I)...he did something and I don't even know what...but then he said, "Danny funny." I looked to see if he wanted the reaction and there is no doubt that he did!!! You can believe I gave it to him and we laughed our heads off that he actually tried to do something that he thought was funny!
Stinker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to come visit and be a part of all your "funnies." All of you WILL survive. mom
Post a Comment