Friday, July 4, 2008

"Waller Flowlers"


This is Danny's morning montra...and afternoon montra...and evening montra. Seems that his favorite thing to do these days is water the flowers. Well, that and anything else that requires him to wear his sandals. If sandals are involved, then he's definitely in!!

I never intended to actually use this much water and coddle my flowers so much during this 100 degree weather, but what else does one do when trying to sell a house during a slow market? We planted, we mulched, and now we water...and every day is close to 100 degrees. YUCK. But at least it's fun for Danny. And it's a productive thing we can do together. And for that I am grateful.

As for selling our house... the sign went up today. This is a milestone for us physically (will have have to paint these cracks again??) and emotionally for me. I have truly enjoyed this house and am sad to leave it. It has served us well and we hope it will be a blessing to the next inhabitant as well. AND we hope they appreciate all the repairs we have done in the last month!!

Today is the 4th and we plan on swimming at a neighbor's house. Danny is so in love with the water, so it should be a fun outing for all of us. We saw some fireworks last night, and now Danny is sleeping in past 9:30 which is a blessing so I can get some things done around here! I doubt any of us can handle being out again tonight...our age is showing!

Happy 4th!

No comments: